PGS Phase 2 Upgrade
Following on from the original data centre build in 2009, Keysource worked with Petroleum Geo-Services (PGS) to deliver an innovative chiller free design, providing 100% indirect free cooling. This enabled PGS to reduce capital and ongoing expenditure without compromising on availability or performance.
- Phase 2 commissioned in 2014.
- Multiple award-winning facility including the Uptime Institute Brill Award and EU Code of Conduct Participant Award.
- IT design load increase from 1.8MW to 2.7MW in same footprint
- Reduced PUE for one of the most efficient European data centres
- 50% rise in Rack Power Density to 30kW/rack
- 2nd phase incorporated an innovative chiller free design delivering 100% indirect free cooling.
- The facility has consistently delivered an annualised PUE of 1.15 since operation.
Design Key Facts
||Scalable to 2.7MW
|Rack Power Density
||Up to 20kW
|PUE Design Figure
Case Study - Award Winning Live Upgrade at PGS
See how we delivered an award winning upgrade to an already highly efficient award winning facility.
Read the Upgrade case study
Keysource Live Environment Upgrade - PGS Phase 2